Thursday 30 May 2013

Assignment 4: Applying lighting techniques: provisional photo selection.



For this project - 'applying lighting techniques '- I believe it's definitely going to be based down at Avebury stone circle. I had previously considered the town of Great Yarmouth and a visiting circus but these two subjects would deserve the more apposite treatment of the 'documentary' approach.

I am planning to go down during the half term holiday, weather permitting, in time for sunrise sometime just before 5.00am. Even if the weather is overcast, some serious work could be done.

My mentor Tracey has loaned me some great photographs she took of Avebury some time ago. They will be a real inspiration!

These photographs are a provisional selection. Eight images - either from these photos or others taken at the stone circle, will have to be chosen for the 'finale'.

I had an email-discussion with my tutor Matthew Winterlich about whether Avebury should be classed as a single object - as per the the course requirements - or it was, in fact, many objects. He very astutely left me to mull this one over... Rightly or wrongly, I decided to treat the stone circle as one object.



Shape










Form










Colour








Texture











No comments:

Post a Comment