Sunday 10 March 2013

Exercise: Higher and lower sensitivity

I have yet to embark on this exercise for real, but, as a preparation, I looked through my recent collection of photographs to see if there were any ranges of images that illustrated the effect of higher and lower sensitivity selection. The ones posted here are the examples I discovered.

The actual photographs were taken a week ago when my good friend Alan and I had the incredible experience of a day's tuition under the guidance of Dawn Rogers, a Northamptonshire-based lecturer and teacher of photography. The focus - yes, the pun is intended! - for me was the whole issue of the 'exposure triangle' and especially the effects of using different apertures settings (this latter item has puzzled me since beginning this course). Alan and I learned so much from our day with this consummate professional and our photography skills have really progressed as a result. Why, at work this week I was able to have a conversation with a colleague, when planning a 'shoot' of a dance production, about using the manual option, selecting different aperture settings, shutter speeds and ISOs, plus shooting in 'RAW'... I nearly convinced myself that I understood it all! So - thank you Dawn for so much learning!

Here is how you learned from someone who knows...!







So the images that follow are just examples for me to learn from - I shall set out in the days ahead to immerse myself in the world of 'higher and lower sensitivity'.



















No comments:

Post a Comment